Instructions : Suspending the patient for linen change, sling or mattress placement.
- Note: This technique requires only 1 caregiver.
- With the patient boosted to the head of the bed, raise the bed fully. Do not raise the bed past the maximum height mark on the frame. If the patient is at the top of the bed fasten sheet clamps to both sides of the patient.
- Raising the bed shortens the belt length and will facilitate elevation of the patient.
- With the bed fully raised pull the belts up to remove and slack, then tug down to assure they are locked.
- Lower the bed. Stop lowering as soon as the patient is sufficiently elevated to perform the desired function underneath them. (Change linen, place a sling, sliding sheet or air mattress, or offset a large patient to one side)
- Once the desired function is complete, raise the bed and rmove the sheet clamps as necessary to turn the patient or to put the sheet clamps away.